The service life of the kitchen appliance is primarily formed by the degree of correctness of its use. Any household appliance for cooking, especially ovens, must be cleaned regularly. However, this process is complex and time-consuming. The pyrolytic oven cleaning can alleviate the situation. Consider, how to clean your pyrolytic oven.
Depending on the model of the oven, the appliance can be cleaned with three self-cleaning function: catalytic, pyrolytic, hydrolysis. Each of them has its pluses and minuses.
Principle of operation
Pyrolysis is the decomposition of organic compounds under the influence of high temperatures. It is this principle that is used in the pyrolytic self-cleaning of the oven. The appliance heats to a temperature of 500 oC, so that all the accumulated food and dirt remains inside the oven is simply burned out.
In the process of combustion, dirt turns into soot and volatile substances with a characteristic smell of burning. The soot is easily wiped off with a damp rag. And the smell is caught by special catalytic filters. Filters are designed for the entire service life of the oven and are capable of self-cleaning by calcination once every 100 hours of operation.
This function is only available for electric ovens that are capable of maintaining high heating temperatures.
Stages of the process
Step by step it looks like this:
- All contents are taken out of the oven, including grates and baking trays;
- The appliance turns on, the function «Pyrolysis» is started;
- Switch on the cooker hood so that unpleasant smells do not spread throughout the house;
- After completion of cleaning, the cooled surfaces are wiped with a damp sponge.
Note that the cleaning process can take up to 3 hours, of which most of the time will be spent on cooling the oven. If you want to cook this day, then start cleaning early in the morning. If there is no time, then you can clean the oven by one of the following methods.
As advantages of the pyrolytic cleaning, it is expedient to single out the following:
- The process is performed in an automatic mode and does not require any human intervention;
- The degree of cleaning efficiency of surfaces is much higher;
- Longer operating time of the oven;
- Appliance with pyrolytic cleaning function, as a rule, has a more presentable appearance.
Despite all its advantages, the pyrolytic cleaning has a some of disadvantages. The disadvantages here are:
- Electricity consumption is much higher;
- It is necessary clean by hand the baking sheets and grill as well as the oven walls after the pyrolysis is completed;
- In the kitchen there should be a powerful cooker hood;
- Since the temperature during cleaning inside the oven to 500 oC, there must be spaces between the appliance and the furniture, which can create inconvenience if the kitchen is small;
- There is a possibility of getting burns, so if there are small children in the house, it is better to choose a product model with a catalytic cleaning.
Another disadvantage is the high price. An oven with a pyrolytic cleaning function is usually more expensive at a price. Serious increase in the cost of the appliance the need to provide high thermal insulation, using expensive heat-resistant materials for internal surfaces.
Do not be discouraged if you cannot afford an oven with pyrolytic cleaning. There are several improvised means with which to clean the oven can be just as quickly and easily.
- The surface inside the oven is covered with salt, the appliance turns on. When the salt turns brown, you need to turn off the oven and wash it. Thus, the fat is removed along with the salt that absorbed it.
- Put a saucepan with salt solution into the oven, after which the appliance switches on about 20 minutes. The mixture will start to evaporate from the pan. After 20 minutes, turn off the oven. Цipe the walls with a damp sponge.
- Use of soda, vinegar and soap. In this case, you need: soda – 100 grams, vinegar – 40 grams, soap – 25 grams. A paste is prepared from this three components, which is applied to the dirty surfaces of the oven with the help of a sponge, including glass, grating and trays. The detergent in this form should be left for 1.5-2 hours. The final step is to remove with a sponge or a rag soaked in water.