They say that the most important thing is the weather in the house. And for it to always remain beautiful, a healthy atmosphere is very important. Therefore, every woman has her own ways to get rid of unpleasant odors in the house quickly and without consequences.
The aroma of the house is the face of the whole family
It is worth noting that each house has its own individual aroma. Housing, like any individual, has its own unique features and characteristics. One of them is smell. Some houses may have a pleasant smell of cakes and pastries. Such a scent always creates a special atmosphere of coziness and warmth. This is exactly what most designers who create the interior of a home strive for, and simple baking on the table at the moment copes with this goal. It is even believed that some housewives knead the dough for their products with tenderness and love.
But the unpleasant smell from pets can turn a cozy house into a zoo. This happens if you do not take good care of your pets, do not clean the bird and hamster trays in a timely manner, do not change the cat toilet filler, etc. The most interesting thing is that the residents themselves get used to such a smell and no longer feel it, but the guests will be shocked by what will meet them at the threshold of the house.
The smell in the house can be average. For example, the spirit of the nursery school group. Naturally, getting rid of it while there is a small child in the house is quite problematic.
Also not very pleasant, but acceptable aroma of “public catering”. If the house smells like fish after cooking dinner, then it is quite appropriate in the kitchen, but not in the bedroom or living room.
There are several solutions that will help make the smells in the house pleasant for everyone. Ventilation has long been considered the simplest and cheapest. To keep the air in the house fresh, you need to ventilate it at least three times a day. But at least in cases of force majeure, you should definitely open the window. For example, when the cooking process is over, you should ventilate the apartment well, so that the smell of food does not have time to penetrate the walls and furniture.
Another, but more expensive way is to purchase a kitchen hood. Modern household appliances will not allow aromas from the kitchen to penetrate into the rest of the home. It is better not to neglect such equipment, as it perfectly copes not only with smells, but also with steam that rises above the gas stove.
There are several options for home fresheners that will always come to the rescue of housewives.
- Essential oil can be a good natural aroma for the house . Just a few drops can be applied to bed linen, and a pleasant smell will spread throughout the house.
- A mug of water to which a little lemon juice is added will help to remove stagnant odor in the microwave oven . The mug is placed inside, and then the oven is turned on at maximum power for just 30 seconds.
- To get rid of the unpleasant smell in the oven, after using it, you just need to leave the orange peel inside .
- Sometimes the stench in the hallway is caused by a large number of shoes. To get rid of the problem, you should identify the pair that does not smell very pleasant and put socks filled with cat filler in it .
How to fight the smell of tobacco
Many apartment owners are faced with the appearance of the smell of tobacco in their apartment, and it is not necessary that someone in the family smokes something. Sometimes smoke penetrates from the landing or through the ventilation shaft. There is a method that will help to quickly eliminate the fresh smell of tobacco.
- To begin with, the apartment should be well ventilated for an hour.
- At this time, you need to prepare a solution of water and simple 9% vinegar. 1 tbsp is poured into one liter of water. l. vinegar
- A towel is moistened in the prepared solution and vigorously waved around the room, then it is moistened again and hung as high as possible in a room in which tobacco was smoked or smells of tobacco.
Then you can simply light a scented candle or try to cook something in the oven. The smell from the oven, especially if you are cooking a dish with garlic or a vanilla cupcake, will instantly overpower the tobacco.
But with the smell of cigarettes that has penetrated into the textiles of the house, everything is much more complicated. Here you need to do a long work, because it is absorbed into wood, walls, curtains, carpets. The easiest is to wash textiles and clean carpets, and the most reliable is to make repairs by painting window frames and floors.
An unpleasant smell that has arisen in the house can be easily eliminated if desired, and sometimes simply prevent its occurrence. It is important to treat your home with special care, and then the aroma of family warmth and coziness will greet the owners and guests from the very threshold.