Even an experienced housewife can forget to remove the pan from the stove in time. As a result, an unpleasant burning smell will spread throughout the kitchen and the whole house. It eats everywhere, so you need to start ventilation and removal of the stench very quickly. Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to get rid of the smell of a burnt pan quickly and effectively. Advice from housewives.
Step 1. Ventilate the apartment
First of all, immediately turn on the hood. If the stinky smell of burning has already managed to spread throughout the apartment, then also perform the following actions:
- Open windows to allow air circulation. Thanks to the draft, the fire will gradually evaporate from the room.
- Remove burnt objects that continue to smoke and saturate the air with an acrid smell. Put them together and take them out on the balcony or outside.
- If you have an air conditioner installed, turn it on to maximum mode. A fan will also help increase air circulation.
Step 2. Humidify the air
Humidity helps to get rid of the stinky smell in the room. You can saturate the air with moisture in several ways:
- If the apartment is very smoky, open the hot water tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Condensate from walls and other surfaces must be wiped.
- Wet sheets and towels perfectly absorb unpleasant odors. Hang a damp cloth in smoky areas of the apartment. If the smoke is very strong, then prepare a solution of 5 liters of water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and soak the sheets in it.
- Place water containers around the apartment.
- Pour water into several pots and put them on the fire. The water must be boiling so that the steam neutralizes the particles of fire present in the air. You can add aromatic herbs (lavender, mint, cloves, cumin, lemon balm) to boiling water.
Step 3. Eliminate residual odor
If the previous two steps are not enough, use one of the following methods:
Vinegar and bread
- Take a pan and fill it completely with water.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar to the same container.
- Put the pan on the stove and after the liquid boils, reduce the heat. Boil the mixture on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Cut the bread and dip the pieces in the solution.
- Spread the bread on plates and put it in those rooms where the smoke managed to penetrate. Bread should absorb an unpleasant aroma.
A pan of vinegar can also be left in the area of the fire to absorb the smell.
Soda is an excellent absorbent.
- To eliminate the caustic smell in the apartment, take any dish and pour some soda into it.
- Place the containers in the rooms, and after a few hours there will be no trace of the smell.
It has the same properties as soda.
- Grind a couple of bundles of coal.
- Pour into a container and place in the corners of the apartment.
This method is suitable for eliminating the smell of burning that has not had time to spread. In other words, it is a spot method, ideal for the refrigerator or microwave.
Cinnamon and sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Place foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Pour cinnamon and sugar on it and send it to the oven.
- Turn off the heat and open the oven door.
- Leave the tray inside for about 4 hours. During this time, the aromatic smell of baking will spread throughout the rooms.
This method works well as a final method to cover the remains of the char. The aroma of cinnamon does not neutralize the burnt smell, but only masks it.
Has effective deodorizing properties. Keep in mind that only a natural product can absorb the smell, instant coffee will not cope with the task.
It is necessary to simply pour whole grains into saucers and place them in the rooms. The same can be done with ground coffee. The product in grains will eliminate the burning smell in 10-12 hours, and ground coffee will neutralize the “aroma” in a couple of hours.
- Prepare a decoction of fresh citrus fruits: boil them over low heat for 15 minutes.
- The room will gradually fill with a pleasant aroma.
Again, this is a masking method to remove the burning smell and is only used as a final step.
If you have a burnt pan, do not mask the stench with aerosols or citrus, this will not solve the problem, because the pleasant aroma will quickly evaporate, but the smell will remain. Gar has the property of being absorbed into surfaces, so first you need to ventilate and moisten the room, wash surfaces, wash textiles, and only then light scented candles or place coffee in the corners.