Mold on plastic windows is a common phenomenon faced by most owners of such glazing. Mold appears due to various factors – room cleanliness, condensation, lack of ventilation, etc. It is possible and necessary to fight this problem, because the fungus is the causative agent of many dangerous diseases. And today we will tell you how to get rid of mold on the windows with improvised means. Chemistry, of course, is effective, but there are situations when its use is impossible, for example, an allergic reaction. In addition, folk methods will be no less useful.
If mold appears on plastic windows, you can turn to specialists who will help you get rid of it. They will act as follows:
- A specialist arrives to determine the size and danger of the infected surface;
- Processing of premises, furniture, slopes, things is carried out;
- A specialist examines the house to find the reasons for the appearance of mold;
- The specialist gives recommendations on eliminating the causes of the appearance of the fungus and explains preventive measures.
The method is effective, but expensive. If you are not satisfied with it, then you can remove mold on plastic windows with folk remedies.
A common and effective method. Copper sulfate is often used to fight fungus, but it must be taken into account that its corrosive properties can affect the appearance of plastic.
- After buying vitriol, it must be diluted in water, it is preferable to use a metal container for this.
- Then apply the solution to the affected areas and let them dry.
- Wash the windows with clean water and wipe them dry.
This method allows you to get rid of mold for many years.
Vinegar can be bought in any store, so this method is very convenient.
- Undiluted vinegar is applied to the slopes for one hour.
- Then rinse with warm water and let dry.
- For greater efficiency, it is necessary to treat places on the windows prone to the appearance of mold with vinegar once a month.
An alternative to expensive means is “Underwear”.
- Diluted bleach is sprayed onto the pre-cleaned surface of the windows and left to dry completely.
- It is necessary to work in latex gloves and in a well-ventilated room, because bleaches are very toxic.
Read more about how to use laundry for disinfection in this article .
You can buy a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide at a pharmacy and use it to get rid of mold on windows and other surfaces. For this:
- Pour the affected areas with a solution of peroxide.
- Leave until completely dry.
This method is popular because peroxide is non-toxic and does not leave traces on plastic.
This is the safest way. It does not release any poisonous substances.
- Dilute one glass of borax in 2 liters of water.
- Apply the solution to the surface of the windows with a brush with stiff bristles.
- Leave to dry without rinsing.
- In the future, this tool will prevent the development of fungus.
Soda is in every house and effectively gets rid of mold. For this:
- Dilute soda powder in water in the ratio of 1 tablespoon to one glass of water.
- Spray the solution with a sprayer on the windows affected by mold.
- The product does not need to be washed off, it is not capable of harming the material, and prevents the development of mold.
Soda powder can be used in dry form. To do this, just sprinkle them on the necessary area and wash off after 1-2 hours.
Ammonium alcohol is very effective for removing mold on plastic windows and glass.
- Dilute Nasathyr in water in proportion to each other and apply to the infected surface using a sprayer.
- After two hours, wash off with a sponge.
When working with ammonia, the room should be well ventilated and gloves should be worn, as alcohol vapors can cause vomiting, coughing, sore throat and dizziness, and the substances that make up ammonia can harm the skin of the hands.
- Manganese This substance powerfully kills mold. The product is active several days after application, so it is not recommended to remove it.
- Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an expensive tool, but the most effective in getting rid of mold. Dilute 2 tablespoons of butter in 2 faceted glasses of water and fill the atomizer with this mixture. Apply the composition to the window slopes affected by the fungus and leave without washing off. After 1-2 days, the mold will disappear, but the sharp smell of the oil will weather away for another 3-4 days.
- Grapefruit seed extract. This product is odorless and does not differ from the previous one in terms of its effect on mold. Dissolve 15 drops of the extract in one glass of water. Pour into a spray bottle and apply to fungal spots. Do not wash off the mixture. It will prevent the development of fungus for a long time.
- Citric acid. It resembles vinegar in its properties and action on the fungus. Dilute citric acid in water and sponge or spray it on the stains. Do not wash off the product.
- Primer. Primer is quite common in specialized stores. It is sold either ready-made, or you need to add water to it, which will be written in the instructions. Apply the finished solution to the windows affected by mold and leave. The mold will disappear in 1-2 days.
It is easier to prevent mold on the slopes of plastic windows than to fight it, so let’s consider preventive measures:
- Provide ventilation of the apartment;
- Provide uniform heating of the room;
- Double-glazed windows installed in the house must have valves;
- The window sill should be above the batteries;
- When designing a house, take into account the presence of groundwater.
You need to start fighting mold right now! Mold can cause the development of dangerous diseases, such as asthma, pneumonia, various rashes on the skin, migraines and headaches. Mold poisons life for you and your children!