White clothes and home textiles look great, but this color is very branded. Even if you behave very carefully, do not allow any contamination and remove stains in time, sooner or later, due to regular washing, the fabric will start to turn yellow or gray. Then you have two options: throw away the clothes or return the underwear to him. There are many methods of whitening, but today we will talk about one of the most popular and effective, namely, how to whiten white things with aspirin.
Aspirin for whitening things and removing stains belongs to folk remedies and is considered safe and cheap.
Which aspirin is better for washing
Despite the fact that aspirin from different manufacturers is absolutely identical in composition, not all drugs are suitable for washing. The fact is that different types of aspirin dissolve in water for different times. Aspirin C has the best rates of dissolution, regardless of whether soaking is planned in hot or cold water.
The drugs are not divided in any way by the method of exposure and the final result. Nevertheless, manufacturers enrich some variants of medicines with vitamin complexes, which may contain coloring substances. Also, similar drugs cost a little more than “pure” acetylsalicylic acid. The rule “more expensive means better” will not work here.
Washing things in aspirin is simple and affordable. An insignificant disadvantage is that clothes often need to be pre-soaked in a solution of the drug.
How to whiten things with aspirin
Aspirin works in a classic way. The components of the substance penetrate into the fabric and remove dirt without destroying the fibers. After washing, the thing will be like new. In order not to spoil the clothes, follow the basic rules of dosage and sequence of actions for both manual and machine washing.
In the washing machine
First of all, determine the degree of clothing contamination. If you want to refresh its appearance and add brightness, it is enough to choose a normal wash in the washing machine. If there are heavily soiled areas and stains on the products, it is better to soak them before washing.
You can whiten clothes in a washing machine in two ways:
- Crush 2-3 tablets of the drug and mix with washing powder.
- Pour the resulting product into the powder compartment and set the appropriate mode for this type of fabric.
- Add the necessary amount of aspirin to the clothes in the drum and start the selected washing program.
Regardless of the method of use, in the process of removing persistent stains, pre-soak the product in water with dissolved aspirin.
- Choose the proportion based on the calculation of 1 tablet of the drug per 1 liter of water.
- Leave things in the cleaning solution for 8-10 hours, and then send them to the washing machine drum, adding a few more tablets to the washing powder.
Despite the fact that acetylsalicylic acid does not harm the material, its components can damage the parts of the washing machine with frequent use. Try to choose a similar method of whitening only if absolutely necessary.
When washing by hand
Manual bleaching of things necessarily includes 2 stages:
- direct washing.
When soaking, use a standard dose of 1 aspirin tablet per 1 liter of water. Procedure:
- Put the product in a basin and pour water with the dissolved drug.
- Leave the thing in the solution for at least 10 hours.
- After that, wash the clothes in the usual way.
- You can improve the quality of washing if you use laundry soap for cleaning.
- After all the manipulations, rinse things thoroughly and hang them to dry.
Peculiarities of working with different situations
The algorithm of actions and calculation of dosage always remains unchanged. Nevertheless, some products require special care, which is accompanied by certain subtleties and nuances.
Removal of grayscale
If you began to notice that white clothes began to take on a gray shade, hurry back to their former appearance.
- Only 5 aspirin tablets are enough for this.
- Dissolve them in 2-3 liters of hot water and soak the product.
- After 8-10 hours, wash the item by hand or in a machine.
After washing and drying, you will notice that the clothes have lost their gray tint and have become as white as after purchase.
How to whiten underwear with aspirin
Aspirin perfectly copes with traces of sweat and urine, so it is suitable for whitening underwear. You can remove contamination by soaking clothes in a solution of water with the drug or by treating problem areas with a more concentrated mixture of acetylsalicylic acid and water.
How to whiten socks with aspirin
No matter how carefully you wear white socks, their soles darken and cannot be washed off with ordinary powder. You can restore the whiteness of this wardrobe item with the help of just a few aspirin tablets. At the same time, only one wash is required.
- Soak the socks in 1 liter of hot water with a dissolved aspirin tablet.
- Wash them by hand or in the washing machine.
If the gray shade has not gone away after the procedure, repeat the manipulation by increasing the concentration of the drug.
How to wash tulle with aspirin
You can return tulle or curtains to their former attractiveness and shining linen with the help of only 4 aspirin tablets.
- Dissolve the medicine in 5 liters of warm water.
- Soak the curtain for at least 5 hours.
- After that, wash the product, choosing the appropriate mode for this type of fabric.
Please note that materials that are too thin may not withstand the effects of acid. Therefore, do not exceed the dosage of the drug and act very carefully.
There are many ways to bleach towels. The aspirin treatment method is included in this list as one of the most effective.
- Crush 5 tablets of the drug and dilute in 3 liters of water 50-60 degrees.
- If the towel is large, increase the volume of water and the concentration of acetylsalicylic acid.
- Soak the products for 10-12 hours.
- Please note that in order to maintain the lightness and softness of the towels during washing, they should not be rubbed or wringed.
- You need to rinse the products at least 3 times.
Features of removal of complex stains
Sometimes unpleasant stains appear on clothes, which are practically not removed by ordinary powder. In particular, these are traces of blood or sweat. Aspirin, which has an active effect on such stains, will help restore things to cleanliness.
Removal of blood stains with aspirin
Blood washes off only in cold water, as components under the influence of high temperatures are absorbed into the material even more. Use only cold water for the procedure. Action algorithm:
- Prepare a gruel from 2-3 aspirin tablets and cold water.
- Apply mass to contamination.
- Leave the substance on the material for half an hour.
- Wash off the remains of the product with cold water.
- At the last stage, wash the thing.
If the stain is already dry, moisten it a little and rub the crushed pill directly on the spot of contamination. Leave the medicine on the material to be exposed for several hours. After that, wash the product in the usual way.
It happens that traces of blood are not removed the first time. Do not despair and repeat the procedure again. After a few exposures, the bloody print will disappear forever.
Removing sweat stains with aspirin
Aspirin copes not only with traces of blood. The drug perfectly washes off sweat stains that may appear on a T-shirt or sweater. To remove yellow sweat marks:
- Dissolve 2 tablets of the substance in 250 ml of water.
- Apply the cleaner to the soiled areas.
- Leave the liquid on the fabric for 3 hours.
- Wash off the remaining detergent and wash the item.
Cleaning the washing machine from scale
It is not necessary to buy expensive means for cleaning the parts of the washing machine from scale. Many of us are familiar with the option of similar cleaning with the help of citric acid, which cleans the heating element of impurities in one run of standard washing. Aspirin can give a similar result, since it contains an acid that eats away pollution. The main thing is not to resort to such procedures too often, otherwise the machine will fail.
- To clean the washing machine from dirt, grind 5 tablets of the drug into powder and mix with fabric softener.
- Pour the substance into the compartment and start the washing mode without clothes at the maximum temperature.
Aspirin is a cheap and affordable drug that is used not only for medical purposes, but also in everyday life. With the help of the drug, you can return white things to their original appearance, remove stubborn dirt and stains. Carry out the whitening procedure, keeping the necessary dosage calculation and a certain procedure.