Unfortunately, not every housewife manages to wash the kitchen on time. Over time, in some places (the surface of the stove, especially near the handles, the part of the table adjacent to the stove, tiles, pans and trays, etc.), a thick greasy residue appears that cannot be removed simply with a damp sponge. Therefore, for many, the question of how to wash off old fat is very important. There are actually many ways, and we will now tell you about the most effective!
Modern hardware stores can offer you a million different products for cleaning kitchen furniture, appliances and dishes. And as practice shows, they cope with their main task much faster than folk methods. But there is one significant disadvantage – chemical cleaning agents are often harmful to health.
If you do not plan to abandon chemistry in the kitchen, then be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules described below. Rules for using cleaning chemicals:
- Household chemicals should be used strictly for their intended purpose. Under no circumstances should you wash kitchen utensils with means for cleaning the stove, sink, etc.
- Always use protective gloves.
- Choose detergents only from proven manufacturers who monitor the quality of their products and have good reviews among users.
- Use all cleaning products strictly according to the instructions on the label.
And how to wash old grease in the kitchen, if there is no desire to use chemical cleaners? – Of course, by folk methods!
The most difficult way, as it requires a lot of physical effort. Its essence is simple – take a scraper or a metal scraper, clean until the greasy contamination is completely removed.
But it is worth remembering that this method is used only on those surfaces that are resistant to various damages.
In no case should you try to rub the work surface of the stove, an enamel pot or sink, a Teflon pan or a refrigerator with a metal brush. You will only scratch the surface, which will lead to the formation of complex pollution in the future.
Soda against fat
Did the above method not suit you or did it not fully cope with its task? Are you still puzzled over the question of how to wash off old grease in the kitchen? – Soda to the rescue! This white powder truly works wonders, removing even centuries-old greasy pollution.
Ways to use soda
- Pour soda on a wet sponge and rub the contaminated area.
- A greasy stain can be soaked in water diluted with soda.
- You can make a soda paste: dilute a spoonful of soda in 3% hydrogen peroxide and rub it on the area you need.
Soda interacts well with fats and breaks them down, which makes cleaning easier. Also, soda crystals in combination with a brush perform mechanical cleaning, which is more delicate for the surface than when you rub with a metal brush.
Attention ! All delicate surfaces can only be soaked in a soda solution! Soda crystals can scratch the surface.
If removing grease stains with baking soda is suitable for you, but it is temporarily absent in the kitchen cabinet – do not despair. Mustard powder can replace it.
The method of its use is similar to soda, but do not forget about protective gloves – it can sting a lot!
Laundry soap also has good fat-soluble qualities. In addition to everything, it also eliminates all the hordes of harmful microbes that have formed in the greasy dirt.
By the way, you can use laundry soap on absolutely all types of surfaces, even the most delicate and demanding ones. Methods of use:
- Soap up a washcloth and walk on dirty, greasy surfaces.
- For difficult stains, rub soap and dissolve in hot water. Cover the contaminated area with a soapy solution for half an hour.
- If the surface cannot be soaked, then the soap dissolves a little to make a thick paste. Rub the dirt with the paste, and wash it off with a washcloth after half an hour.
Cleaning of plastic surfaces
How to wash old grease from plastic is a question that interests many. And in this situation, we recommend that you use hydrogen peroxide.
- The contaminated area should be thoroughly rubbed with peroxide using a sponge (if possible, pour the product liberally directly onto the surface).
- Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- After the time is up, wash off.
Grease from tiles can be removed with ammonia.
- A small amount of ammonia should be diluted with water. 1-2 drops per glass of water.
- Apply the solution to the surface to be cleaned. Pour or apply with a sponge dipped in the solution. You can wet gauze or cotton wool and apply it to the dirty place on the tile.
- Wash off after 10 minutes.
After every home holiday, only one thought remains: “how to wash the baking sheet from old grease.” And here is a working step-by-step method for you to note!
- Remove as much as possible all food residues and fat that has not dried. If the surface of the pan is not delicate, you can clean it with a brush.
- Soak a bay leaf in a soda solution.
- Let the leaf stand with this liquid for several hours (ideally, leave it overnight).
- Place the tray in the oven, boil for a short time (make sure the liquid does not evaporate) and wait until it cools.
- Wash the tray in the usual way and rinse.
A frying pan is the most indispensable assistant in the kitchen. Therefore, a nasty fatty deposit is formed on it very often. Even on non-stick pans, greasy stains are formed, usually they appear on the front side of the product.
But we will not leave you with this problem one on one, and we will definitely tell you how to wash the pan from old fat!
And the most effective method for its removal is – incandescence. True, this method will take a lot of time.
In order for the soot to be easily removed, it must be well heated. The process itself can take from 20 minutes, it all depends on the diameter of the pan.
If fat deposits have appeared in the inner part of the pan, then you will have to resort to the help of sand.
- Fill the pan with sand to the top, and put it on a slow fire.
- The longer the pan is heated on the stove, the better the result will be. But the minimum is 30-40 minutes.
- When the pan cools down, tap it well with a hard object.
It is important to know ! Thermal cleaning with the help of fire is always accompanied by a characteristic unpleasant smell. So we recommend cleaning the pans in the summer, when you can ventilate the living space without problems. Or carry out these manipulations on the street.