Ballpoint pen marks on clothes are a common phenomenon, especially among schoolchildren or office workers. Unluckily, the hand slipped and “voila!” – there is a blue ink stripe on the shirt. It is quite difficult to correct the situation. It is necessary to resort to various means, including quite affordable ones available in the household. Let’s consider how to remove a ballpoint pen from clothes most effectively.
How not to spoil clothes
It happens that marks from a ballpoint pen remain on the fabric forever, and if you manage to wash them off, traces of the cleaning agent used remain. To prevent this from happening, consider the following nuances:
- The sooner you start removing the stain, the more likely it will disappear without a trace.
- Do not rush to use aggressive solvents that can spoil the fabric, you should first try gentle ones, such as laundry soap.
- If the fabric is thin or synthetic, try your chosen stain remover on an inconspicuous area first.
- If you are not sure that you will be able to wash off the ink, it is better to use dry cleaning services.
How to get a ballpoint pen out of colored clothes
Any ink stain remover should be used with care on colored fabric, as it may bleed. Before starting the stain removal procedure, it is advisable to soak the thing in cold water.
- Alcohol . Any alcoholic products are suitable, but ammonia or ethyl alcohol is better for removing ink. First, wet a napkin with alcohol, soak the stain. The ballpoint pen will begin to dissolve, and the dye will be absorbed into the napkin. Repeat this several times, making sure that the spot fades and becomes more blurred. Then soap this place with household soap, leave for 10-15 minutes and wash the product.
- Nasathyr plus soda is a method for an old stain. Mix 1 tsp. ammonia and 1 tsp. of soda Apply the resulting slurry on clothes for a couple of hours. After washing under running water with soap.
- Toothpaste . Smear the contaminated area, rubbing it into the fabric as much as possible. The ink will be absorbed into the paste, after 5-10 minutes wash it off with soap.
- Glycerin . Warm the glycerin in a water bath, apply to the stain from the ballpoint pen, set aside for 40-50 minutes. Pour warm water into a bowl, dissolve 1-2 tbsp. salt and powder. Wash clothes from glycerin and ink residue in this water.
- Prepare a mixture of household soap, dishwashing detergent, gasoline and alcohol . A method for removing old stains. Grate the soap into a container that can be heated over a fire, add 1 glass of alcohol there and heat it up a little. Add a glass of gasoline and a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid. Cool the mixture and use it to remove the ink stain. Leave on the fabric for 10-15 minutes. Wash with household soap under running water.
Be careful with the choice of detergent for colored clothes, otherwise it can fade . Use on an inconspicuous area first to test the reaction.
How to remove a ballpoint pen from white fabric
The ballpoint pen is very visible on white clothes, and if you wait to wash it, the mark will remain forever. Remove the stain as soon as you can get to the sink, kitchen or pharmacy.
To remove stains from white clothes, the same methods described for colored fabric are suitable, plus several other options that have a whitening effect:
- Household soap can cause the least damage to the fabric . For white clothes, you can take soap with a bleaching effect. Rub the fresh mark from the ballpoint pen with soap, leave for 10-15 minutes, wash off under running water. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
- A stain that is several hours old can be washed with 9% vinegar . Heat the vinegar to 60 degrees and apply it with a cotton pad along the line drawn with a ballpoint pen. Under the influence of acetic acid, the ink will dissolve and be absorbed into the cotton wool. Repeat the procedure until the ballpoint pen mark disappears from the fabric.
- You can remove a fresh ballpoint pen stain with kefir or sour milk , and an old one with milk . The thing will have to be soaked in a fermented milk product for 4-5 hours, then dipped in water for washing, washed with soap or powder with a whitening effect and rinsed.
- Lemon juice is an effective but aggressive remedy. It is not suitable for delicate fabrics, only for cotton or linen. Pour lemon juice on the stained area and leave for half an hour. After washing the product in the usual way.
It is possible that the white fabric will remain diluted from the detergent that was used to remove the ink stain. In this case, you will have to wash the thing again with bleach.
How to remove gel ink
Unlike ordinary gel inks, they are more liquid, they float more often and can leave not one stain on clothes, but small splashes. One of the most effective means in this case is dishwashing liquid . If you soak the thing in the solution immediately after the stain appears, not a trace will remain.
If the stain appeared at work, and it is not possible to remove it immediately, ammonia and soda will help . It is necessary to put a thick layer of white napkins under the stain, moisten with alcohol and sprinkle with soda. After that, drop ammonia alcohol once more and rub the contaminated area a little. It is good to use a cap from a store-bought stain remover with a rough surface. After the stain is completely removed, rinse the thing in cold water.
People have come up with many ways to remove ink from fabric, you can always choose the one that will give the best result.