Every housewife is well aware of how difficult it is to remove stains from cherries and cherry juice. Many people use various professional means for this, but not all of them are suitable for washing delicate fabrics. Therefore, in this case, it is best to use safe, but no less effective improvised means that can be found in every home. Let’s consider how to remove cherry juice at home.
The described recommendations for extracting cherry juice are also suitable for other berries and fruits.
A fresh mark from a cherry is easy to remove, but you need to act quickly while the stain is still wet.
- Put the cherry-contaminated area under hot water. The stain will wash off without a trace, it remains to wash off the remains with soap. But if the cherry juice has dried up, then it is better to use a stain remover or folk methods from improvised means.
- If taking off your clothes is not an option, or cherry juice has dripped on the furniture, then salt will help. Sprinkle the fresh mark with salt, shake after a minute, repeat the procedure. And so several times. Most of the cherry juice will be absorbed into the salt, and the rest can be easily washed off with soap.
Washing white clothes
It is much more difficult to wash off a cherry juice stain from light-colored fabrics, but with a competent approach it is still possible. In the household, you can find a lot of effective improvised means that perfectly remove traces of cherries:
- Medical alcohol . For a home stain remover, it is recommended to prepare an alcohol solution: dilute 1 part medical (or ammonia) alcohol in 3 parts boiling water. Treat the area of contamination abundantly with the resulting solution until it cools down. To do this, stretch the fabric over the washing basin, and then pour the cleaning solution on top little by little. This method is suitable for removing fresh cherry stains. If the contamination appeared a long time ago, and the juice has dried, it is best to soak the clothes in such a solution for 1-2 hours, after which wash them in the usual way.
- Household soap . Moisten the stain abundantly with hot water and rub with soap. Leave for 10 minutes. At the end of this time, the cherry should be slightly rubbed with a soft brush, and then soaked in hot water for half an hour, after which it should be washed.
- Milk. Soak the thing in warm milk for 2-3 hours. The milk will absorb the cherry juice. Rub lightly on the contaminated area and leave for another 30 minutes. When the cherry stain disappears, wash the item in the traditional way using the appropriate washing powder. With this method, you can wash not only white, but also colored items.
- Hydrogen peroxide . Apply the product to a cotton swab or disc, then treat the area with traces of cherry juice. When the contamination disappears, wash the product with soap or powder. The method is well suited for removing fresh stains from white clothes.
Washing colored fabric
Colored clothes also need proper washing. So, if cherry juice has been spilled on colored clothes, it can be washed off with such improvised means as table salt, vinegar, lemon juice, soda. But the method with hydrogen peroxide, described above, will not work, since peroxide discolors colored fabric.
- Table salt . This product is used not only in cooking, but also in the household, in particular, common salt is used as a stain remover. In order to wash off the juice from cherries, it is necessary to sprinkle salt on the area of contamination, having previously slightly moistened the cloth with water. After a few minutes, the remaining salt is removed, after which the procedure is repeated again. This should be done until the spot becomes lighter. After that, wash the product in the usual way. The method is well suited for removing both fresh and old stains.
- Vinegar solution with lemon juice . To prepare a natural stain remover, you need to mix vinegar and lemon juice in equal parts. After that, soak a cotton pad with the solution, with which to treat the contaminated area from the edges to the center. After that, rinse the fabric thoroughly. If the cherry juice is not completely washed off, repeat the procedure again.
- Soda and vinegar . Extinguish soda in vinegar. Apply the resulting gruel to the cherry stream and leave it for 15-20 minutes. The juice will be absorbed into the soda. Shake the dried gruel. If the fabric is still stained, apply a new layer. At the end, rinse with clean water. Perfectly removes old stains.
The algorithm of actions for washing off fresh or old stains does not differ, however, it is important to remember that old pollution is washed off worse, which means that it is necessary to increase the time of exposure to the active substance. That is, it is necessary not only to treat the stain with one of the means proposed above, but also to leave the product in this form for 10-15 minutes.
It is important not only to remove dirt efficiently, but also not to damage the clothes. And for this, it is recommended to follow a number of simple but important rules:
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for product care. This information is presented on the product label.
- When using stain removers, a dense light fabric is placed under the product itself, which will absorb dirt.
- It is necessary to treat the stain first on the edges, and then in the center.
- It is important to use only those cleaners that are suitable for this fabric.
- After processing, the product must be thoroughly washed with soap and rinsed to remove detergent residues from it.