It is very easy to put a stain on a jacket, to wash it, you need to know the methods. There are several of them, because the material of the jacket, the type of pollution and how much time has passed since its appearance plays a role. For each case, there are options for how to remove a greasy stain from a jacket.
How to remove a fresh stain
You can easily remove a greasy stain from a jacket if you start the process right away. Whatever it is – vegetable oil, pastry cream or fat, you should immediately apply a napkin. But in no case do not rub, but simply remove excess fat. And remove everything that remains with the help of improvised means.
Talc or soda
Most people have baking soda or baby powder in their kitchen. We do the following:
- Pour a handful of powder (soda or talc), add water, mix and get a liquid slurry.
- It should be applied exclusively to the area of oily spots and left for 5 minutes.
- We shake off the gruel from the surface.
As a rule, soda and talc absorb fat very well. Therefore, not a trace remains from the stain.
Perfectly absorbs fat and ordinary chalk. It should be ground into powder and sprinkled on the contaminated area. After an hour, you need to thoroughly wipe the treatment area with a toothbrush or clothes brush.
Starch or salt
You can also remove an oily stain from your favorite jacket with the help of starch. Only the starch gruel will have to be left for at least half an hour. Then just shake.
Common table salt is easy to use. It is necessary to rub the greased place with salt, only gently, without damaging the fabric. You need to change the product two or three times. During this time, the fat will disappear.
Onion or lemon juice
This is an excellent way to get rid of greasy pollution that did not have time to absorb into the fabric. The method of application is as follows:
- We add the juice directly to the contaminated surface.
- It is not necessary to wash off, as soon as the juice dries, the stain disappears.
But you should know that lemon juice is used for light fabrics, and onion juice – for dark ones.
Tip: if somewhere in a fast food cafe you accidentally put a stain on your jacket, and there is nothing at hand, you need to quickly put a napkin and wipe the place with breadcrumbs.
This method is quite effective, but will take more than an hour. Action algorithm:
- 2 Art. l. the powder is mixed with a small amount of hot water to make a liquid slurry;
- Apply to the contaminated area and leave for at least an hour.
After that, it is advisable to wash the treated area in soapy water from the dried pulp.
However, if the pollution is really fresh, then within half an hour from the moment of its appearance, you can make a paste of mustard with the addition of hot water and treat the surface with it. And literally after three minutes wash it off with warm water. Usually, not a trace remains from a greasy stain.
Tip : if there is nothing suitable at hand, you can, without wasting time, simply soap the contaminated area of the jacket with household soap and wash it off carefully. Even ordinary dishwashing liquid will do. After application, wait half an hour and wash off.
A simple and at the same time effective way to get rid of fat on a jacket is ordinary glycerin. You can buy it at the nearest pharmacy without a prescription, and it costs a penny. Action algorithm:
- Add a few drops of glycerin and leave for half an hour;
- When the fat has completely disappeared, remove the remaining glycerin with a napkin.
Glycerin is not an active substance capable of dissolving dyes or spoiling the fabric. Therefore, it can be used for any fabrics, including leather products.
Tip : you can remove dirt from a down jacket using dishwashing detergent or a dishwasher. We drip the product onto the stain, and half an hour later we send it to the washing machine along with the powder and a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
How to remove an old stain
If it is easy to deal with fresh greasy spots, then you will have to deal with old ones for a longer time. But it is necessary to act in such a way as not to damage the fabric of the jacket itself and not to lose its color. Let’s consider the methods.
Washing powder and vinegar
It doesn’t matter what material the thing is made of, this method will carefully remove old contamination without harming the jacket itself. The actions are as follows:
- 2 Art. l. mix the powder with half a liter of warm water.
- Wash the oil stain with a brush and the prepared mixture.
- Dip a soft cloth in vinegar and wipe the washed area with it.
- Rinse and dry.
Tip : when removing old grease stains, do not soak the item in very hot water. This can only have the opposite effect. In general, when washing for the first time, you should familiarize yourself with the instructions, which are indicated on the back of the clothes on a special label.
Turpentine or gasoline
This method allows you to remove old greasy contamination from any fabric. For this you need:
- Pre-wet the problem area with water or gasoline strictly along the contour of the stain.
- Place a blotting paper moistened with gasoline under the stained area and start rubbing the stained area with a soft cloth – from the edges of the stain to the middle.
- Finish the procedure by washing with a soap solution or soap.
It is important to follow these simple rules so that there are no circles on the material after cleaning. Gasoline is especially good for removing stains from woolen jacket fabric.
Tip : if we are talking about bolognese chicken , then you should always process the contamination from the wrong side so as not to damage the fabric.
Using ammonia, you can successfully clean a jacket even from old contamination. For this, you need to prepare a solution:
- 3 Art. l. warm water should be mixed with 0.5 tbsp. l. ammoniacal alcohol.
- Soak a cotton pad or a soft cloth in the solution and treat the problem area with it.
This method is good for light fabrics. You should be more careful with colored ones, because ammonia acts aggressively on dyes.
Tip : when using any aggressive substance, you should first check the reaction to the fabric from the wrong side on an inconspicuous area of the jacket. Work only with gloves.
Toothpaste or powder
You can get rid of an old stain in the following way:
- Place a piece of paper on the stain.
- Iron the place with a slightly hot iron.
- Treat the contaminated area with white toothpaste, lather the paste and leave for 30 minutes.
- Instead of paste, you can cover the stain with tooth powder, cover it with a sheet of paper, put a load on the stain and leave it for a day.
A hot iron will dissolve the fat and some of it will be absorbed into the paper during ironing. And toothpaste or powder will absorb the remaining fat.
Special means for removing stains
Fresh grease stains are easily removed. And old pollution sometimes requires special means. For this, use:
- powders – Sano, Spark;
- soap – Antipyatin;
- liquid products – Vanish, Frau Schmidt, Sarma;
- sprays – Ecover, Amway Pre Wach.
How to use such products to remove heavy stains is written in the instructions for use. Usually, the product is first applied to the problem area and waited for a certain time. And then the agent is added to the powder during washing.