The appearance of scale on the faucet occurs due to heating of hard water. Gray salt solutions may appear on the surface of the equipment – this not only spoils the appearance of the faucet, but can also adversely affect the suitability for operation. Deposits can accumulate on the inside, making it difficult to operate the device. Let’s analyze the best ways to remove lime scale from the faucet.
From time to time, it is worth cleaning the elements from water scale. By choosing the right cleaning agents, it is possible to remove lime scale from the faucet in time and return the equipment to a pleasant appearance.
When choosing a cleaning agent, you should pay attention to options that will help remove hard deposits and will not harm the coating of the equipment. The composition of such substances should not contain alkalis, abrasive elements that have an aggressive effect on the material.
In almost every apartment, you can notice a white coating on the plumbing equipment. The reason for its formation is a large amount of magnesium and calcium in the liquid. Upon contact with sanitary appliances, faucets, substances are deposited on the surface in the form of cloudy white scale. Without high-quality regular cleaning, plumbing gradually becomes clogged and becomes unusable.
To get rid of unsightly plaque, cleaning measures should be carried out by following some rules:
- You should not use hard metallic sponges for cleaning – it will not be possible to remove the scratches obtained in this way.
- When choosing a product, give preference to gentle options that do not contain abrasive additives. They will help to clean the faucet without damaging the surface.
- If the product contains acids: hydrochloric, sulfuric, phosphoric, etc., it is better to refuse its use. When treating the surface of plumbing equipment with similar substances, dark spots and rust may appear.
- It is better to ask the store for a special product that helps remove plaque from the very material your faucets are made of. This will help avoid mistakes.
When sanitary appliances are damaged, they will need to be replaced – this often turns into significant costs. Therefore, it is better to carry out timely prevention using proven compositions. If you don’t want to remove limescale from the faucet from time to time, it is recommended to thoroughly wipe the faucet with a dry cloth after each use. Many people prefer home remedies for faucet cleaning.
What to clean
The following tools help to clean surfaces from plaque:
- table vinegar;
- household soap;
- citric acid;
- baking soda
These are the most common options for home remedies, each of which provides different cleaning methods.
- Put a few spoonfuls of soda in a suitable cup, then mix it with water so that a semi-liquid slurry is obtained.
- The composition should be applied to the mixer and all surfaces that need cleaning.
- Keep the soda gruel on these places for about an hour, then wipe everything with a piece of soft cloth, without applying force.
- If there are any spills, remove them with a sponge without wetting it with water.
To apply the soda mixture to the surface where there is a white or green coating, you can use a damp cloth, a soft sponge, as well as old toothbrushes with bristles that have lost their rigidity. The mixture should not have lumps – for this, after pouring water into the soda, mix the resulting composition several times so that the powder is dispersed properly.
You can use the wonderful properties of household soap to wash plaque off the sanitary ware.
Enter as follows:
- Grate a piece of household soap on a coarse grater.
- Dilute the shavings with hot water to obtain a composition of medium thickness.
- Add a little soda to the resulting mass, you can take calcined.
- Using a piece of soft cloth, apply the resulting mixture to the areas that need cleaning.
- Wait for about an hour, then wash off the soap with warm water.
The soap solution prepared in this way has many useful properties. It helps to get rid of salt build-up, clean the faucet from scale, and deal with other types of pollution. Many housewives with many years of experience use only baking soda and laundry soap, or their combinations, to clean all kitchen surfaces.
Lemon is able to provide a fairly effective result. It is not recommended to use powdered acid – if large particles, capable of providing an abrasive effect, get into it, they will most likely damage the surface of the faucet in the bathroom or kitchen.
- To treat the surface, take a whole lemon and cut it in half.
- You won’t need juice – you can squeeze it right away into a bowl for use in cooking.
- Wipe all chrome surfaces with half a lemon and leave it like that for a while.
- After about half an hour, wipe the treated areas with a dry cloth.
The main convenience of home remedies is that they can be prepared from components that are available in every kitchen. But in case of serious pollution, as well as when you need to clean the inside, it is better to use options with household chemicals.
Sometimes, in order to remove plaque, using home remedies may not be enough. Then you should buy a suitable cleaning mixture at a household chemicals store. Special cleaners and polishes are used to remove salt deposits or rust. To get a quality result, it is better to buy both.
Most detergents are used not only to clean the faucet – they are suitable for working with the sink and stove, for the care of other stainless steel surfaces. In most cases, the packaging is equipped with a special dispenser device, so there are no problems when applying.
It is especially convenient to use them when processing hard-to-reach areas, for example, around the faucet and handles, the drain hole.
Some of the chemical compositions create a thin film on surfaces during processing. It protects against the appearance of plaque, the surface retains its attractive appearance longer.