For the manufacture of sneakers use different materials: fabric, leather, rubber. Depending on the material, shoes are cleaned in different ways and with different detergents. Especially in need of constant care of white sports shoes. It should be cleaned almost daily, otherwise the whiteness will very quickly be replaced by a dirty gray shade. Consider effective ways how to clean white sneakers at home.
Unlike fabric and rubber sneakers, leather is not desirable to often be washed. And even more so you cannot wash them in the washing machine. They can deform, wrinkle. To clean white leather shoes from dirt use both detergents from store or improvised means.
Professional detergents include sponges with special impregnation, foams, cleansing napkins. They are sold in shoe stores.
About folk remedies it makes sense to tell more. They are always in the home, you just need to know in what combination and in what proportions they are used to clean the white sneakers:
- Prepare the mixture from tooth powder, adding in it in equal parts vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Should get a gruel, which will perfectly remove the dirt and bleach. It is easy to apply on shoes with a toothbrush. After the surface is cleaned of dirt, wipe the white sneakers with dry paper towels.
- Toothpaste. It does not need to mix anything at all. Before applying the paste, the sneakers are wiped off the dirt with a damp sponge. The paste is used to remove stubborn stains and bleaching. It is enough to put on the shoes of white leather, brush and remove the remnants of the paste with damp napkins. After rub dry.
- Vinegar and olive oil. In the spray bottle, pour 60 ml of vinegar and 60 ml of olive oil. Shake the bottle well and spray the solution onto the shoes. Leave for 5 minutes. Solution will remove even stale dirt. Clean the white sneakers first with a damp, then with a dry rag.
To protect white leather shoes from dirt, before going out onto the street, rub it with colorless wax. It will clog the pores, and the dirt will not adhere.
White fabric shoes and sneakers can be washed in a washing machine:
- Dry (if the shoes are wet after the street) and brush off the dried dirt and dust.
- Clean the sole with a eraser.
- It is better to pour liquid detergent into the washing machine. Crystals of powder are poorly washed out of shoes. You can add bleach.
- Wash in delicate mode by placing in a laundry bag or pillowcase.
It is possible to wash only quality fabric sneakers, well stitched. Also, washing does not always help to clean and return the whiteness of the sole. In these cases, it is better to use the means for hand cleaning.
In the shops of shoes, sporting goods and household chemicals you can buy special professional detergents for cleaning fabric white sneakers. These can be shampoo for washing shoes or cleansing sprays.
Cheaper and easier to use the recipes of housewives, which are prepared from vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, soda and other improvised means at home. The sole of shoes can be cleaned with one of the means described for the leather. The fabric part is cleaned as follows:
- Soda and peroxide. Mix a tablespoon of soda and a half spoonful of water and hydrogen peroxide. Should be a homogeneous gruel. She put it on the white fabric surface of the sneakers and leave for a couple of minutes. Remove the layer of gruel and apply fresh. Gruel will dry and easily remove the toothbrush.
- Lemon juice. Squeeze 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and add as much water. Apply the mixture to fabric white sneakers with a soft rag, especially paying attention to stains. Do not often use lemon acid or vinegar, as the fabric from this deteriorates. After half an hour, rinse the product.
- Micellar water. It is designed to care for the face and is available in the arsenal of any girl. The composition is to clean the white shoes. The fresh mud will quickly clean, but to remove the old stains this method will not work.
- Laundry soap. It will clean from grease, dirt. To clean the white sneakers, the laundry soap should be chopped and a little water added. The resulting gruel should be applied to the shoes and left for 20 minutes, and then washed off. If the dirt is old, the soap is left on the surface for 3-4 hours.
It is undesirable to wear white sneakers from any material in wet weather, walk on them on the grass. So you can avoid heavy dirt, and clean your shoes will be much easier.