During long-term use, baking sheets begin to become covered with a layer of fat and soot, which remain after cooking. A simple washing with dishwashing gel is usually enough, but if the food has burned repeatedly, the problem becomes more complicated. There are many different ways to clean a baking sheet from soot – the choice of the right one depends only on the material of the baking sheet.
This method is ideal for cleaning silicone and Teflon sheets. In addition, this way you will be able to put in order products made of other materials, if there are minor contaminations on them. An ordinary detergent that can be purchased at any store will help you. There is only one condition: it should not contain alkali and abrasive particles, because you can spoil the product because of them.
It is an order of magnitude more difficult to clean grease from a Teflon baking sheet. Try the following method:
- Arm yourself with a spatula and scrape off all the particles that come off the surface quite easily.
- Take the salt and pour it on the wet bottom. The layer of salt should reach about 0.5-0.6 cm.
- Wait half an hour.
- Now very carefully wash off all the salt. Just do it carefully so as not to accidentally scratch the coating.
- Again, get rid of the soot with a spatula.
- Take a sponge and detergent, then wash the baking sheet thoroughly.
How to clean an aluminum baking sheet
Such products are suitable for cleaning aluminum products. The method is very simple: take ordinary baking soda and a little salt. Now sprinkle it on the problem areas on the surface. Then rub them vigorously using a sponge or cloth. If this did not help, then use the following method:
- Take salt and soda, and then cover the bottom of the pan.
- Put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Bake for up to 30 minutes. The amount of time depends on how dirty the surface is.
- Wait for it to cool and then brush it.
How to wash a glass, ceramic or enamel sheet
You can get rid of fat and soot on a ceramic, enameled or glass baking sheet with the help of ordinary means. And although these materials do not require careful care to clean, it is worth abandoning the use of very hard washcloths. Soaking is the ideal method.
- After a meal, pour some warm water on the surface of the sheet. Then add some detergent to it.
- If you do not want to wipe off the fat for a long time, then leave the product to soak for a short time.
- Now rinse everything thoroughly with water. If it was not possible to get rid of the dirt, then walk over the surface with an ordinary sponge.
To clean a dirty sheet from soot, instead of dishwashing liquid, you can use other means, for example, hydrogen peroxide . At the same time, the obtained result will definitely not be worse. But this substance requires you to be careful and protect yourself: you must wear gloves when working with it, if you do not want to injure your hands.
Means for cleaning the oven
To restore the sheet’s attractive appearance, you can use a special spray designed for cleaning ovens. It is quite easy to use: you just need to cover the surface of the product and wait 30 minutes. After that, you need to wash the baking sheet well and go over it with a sponge.
Boiling is one of the few methods that requires almost no special equipment. First you need to make a solution:
- take some water;
- 1 tablespoon of detergent;
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
Then pour the resulting solution onto a baking sheet and put it in the oven for twenty minutes, which should be heated to 100 °C. When the 20 minutes are up, pour out all the solution, wait a bit, and then remove all the soot using a spatula or sponge.
And also from old fat, ordinary Coca-Cola can help you . Pour it into a baking sheet, and then put it on the stove. Wait for it to boil and wait 15-20 minutes.
Importantly! If Coca-Cola evaporates completely, then there will be even more pollution. Watch carefully so that it does not evaporate.
Instead of carbonated drinks, you can use other substances, namely salt and water . Before washing the baking sheet, wait until it cools down. Otherwise, when you try to wash it from clogging, you can spoil the product – cracks will appear on it.
Other ways to fight fat
A reliable assistant can be not only folk remedies, but also specialized ones. Try using the following method:
- For 100 g of soda, you need to take 1 tsp. gel for washing dishes and 2 tbsp. l. hydrogen peroxide (3%). All this should be mixed until the solution is homogeneous. If the resulting mass is dry, then take a little more peroxide or gel.
- Cover the surface with the resulting substance and leave for 25 minutes.
- Now take a sponge and wipe off all the dirt from the burnt pan. Now we wash it and dry it.
To get rid of burnt sugar, it is necessary to thoroughly rub the entire surface. But there is a more effective method: pour water, put this sheet in the oven and heat until all the sugar melts. Just watch carefully – the water should not evaporate completely. Then you just need to rub the dirty areas.
You can quickly get rid of burnt, but not yet completely dried fat, if you use salt or sand. Rub the surface with any of these substances, and then wash off the mass. This should be done several times. But pay attention: not every product can withstand such cleaning.
Such substances must be used correctly to get a positive result. Before you start using the gel or special liquid, you should first remove all excess fat with a spatula or paper.
Then they are sprayed in a certain volume, following the instructions. After that, you need to leave the letter for some time: usually it is 15-20 minutes. The powder or gel should be distributed over the surface using water and a sponge.
The same substances are used for cleaning as for processing pans, plates or pots. Before starting processing, read the instructions carefully. And be sure to use them only in gloves so as not to harm your own health.
How to avoid the appearance of soot
The best way to deal with soot is to simply prevent it from occurring. To do this, you need to follow simple rules:
- When preparing food, use special parchment paper or foil. It will in some way be a barrier that will protect your product from burnt fat. We use parchment for baking in the oven
- Wash the tray immediately after cooking. There is no need to wait several hours: dried fat and particles of products will have to be wiped off for quite some time. If you don’t have time, just add hot water and detergent to the pan. After some time, you will be able to quickly put the product in order.
- The agent that you will use to clean any product, for example baking forms, should not have a negative effect on the material. If you approach the choice of tools responsibly, your oven sheet will last much longer. It is also worth noting that the state of the tray has a direct impact on the quality of the dishes.
Don’t be afraid to try new cleaning methods. Eventually you will find the most effective remedy. But never forget about your own health: do all the work in gloves.