The floor covering gets dirty very quickly and requires thorough regular cleaning. Each type of surface must be cleaned correctly so that there are no unsightly streaks on it, and the material retains its performance characteristics for a long time. Wet cleaning of laminate is a very simple, but responsible job. So that your floors are always perfectly clean, use the useful tips of experienced housewives who share their knowledge on how to wash laminate correctly and without spills.
Laminate flooring is very popular. Such floors are made not only in private houses and apartments, but also in offices or commercial premises.
Laminate cleaning directly depends on the degree of its contamination. If you want to extend the service life as much as possible and preserve the external beauty of the coating:
- Clean the laminate every day.
- Do not allow accumulation of dust and small debris on the floor, as hard particles can leave ugly scratches on it.
- For dry cleaning, use a broom or vacuum cleaner.
- Wet cleaning should be done several times a week.
Do you want to know how to wash laminate without divorces? Everything is very simple.
- Natural wood flooring does not like high humidity, so use a damp, but never wet cloth to clean it.
- Remember that the more expensive and better quality laminate is, the more sensitive it is to water. If such a floor is heavily wetted, the lock joints will begin to swell, and this will have an extremely negative effect on the operational characteristics of the entire structure.
- To improve the resistance of the floor covering to moisture, after laying the wooden layers, be sure to treat all seams with a special sealant.
- Accidentally spilled water on the floor should be wiped dry immediately.
How can you wash laminate?
To wash the laminate without streaks, first of all, you need to remember the list of products that can be used for such a coating. These include:
- Plain clean water in combination with a well-wrung mop or a soft-to-the-touch microfiber cloth.
- Special detergents for laminate.
- Alcohol or acetone – used pointwise to remove persistent stains on the floor.
- Auxiliary non-aggressive household chemicals – household soap, dishwashing liquid, shampoo.
- Laminate polish.
- Soft brushes, broom, vacuum cleaner. All of the above tools and devices can be used for laminate floors.
However, you should always remember that there are household chemicals that are strictly prohibited to use for such a coating, if you do not want to permanently spoil its appearance.
This category includes:
- Abrasive cleaning agents with solid particles that can leave scratches on the floor;
- Brushes with stiff bristles or metal inserts;
- Strong solvents;
- Liquids containing acid;
- Polishes with wax or mastic.
Before washing the laminate, be sure to carefully read the lists of prohibited and permitted products presented above. Treat the process of wet cleaning with all responsibility, and then you will be able to save the top protective layer of the coating and extend its service life as much as possible.
How to remove joints from laminate
Probably every housewife has noticed that after wet cleaning, white unsightly marks often remain on the laminate. Experienced housewives recommend following the step-by-step instructions below to solve the divorce problem:
- Dissolve a little special detergent for laminate in warm water.
- Dip a soft cloth in the soap solution, wring it out well.
- Thoroughly wash the laminate in the room.
- Treat a clean and damp surface with a dry microfiber cloth. In this way, you will not only remove excess water, but also get rid of soap bubbles.
As you can see, everything is very simple. The cleaning process takes very little time. Sometimes greasy spots appear on the laminate. They can be removed by treating the contamination with dishwashing detergent or a special stain remover. Stains from fruits, berries, and wine must be removed immediately, before they have had time to soak into the wood. For this, use light nylon and a detergent with a neutral pH.
Cleaning laminate after repairs in the apartment
Renovating an apartment is a real stress for every housewife. There is a lot of dust and debris in the room, and dirty laminate seems to be impossible to wash at all. However, not everything is as complicated as it may seem at first glance.
- If paint gets on the floor, it can be removed with acetone or a solvent. It is advisable to do this immediately, while the dye has not yet had time to completely permeate the wood.
- Wallpaper glue does not leave any traces on the laminate. To wash it quickly, use clean warm water and a soft cloth that absorbs moisture well.
- Fine construction dust gets stuck in all the cracks and corners. A vacuum cleaner will help get rid of it. Walk them over the entire floor covering, use special nozzles to clean hard-to-reach places. After this procedure, the floor should be wiped with a damp cloth to remove all remaining dirt and dust.
- Hard-to-remove stains on laminate can be removed with the help of special household chemicals specially designed for laminate, acetone or any alcohol-containing substance. It is strictly forbidden to use household chemicals that contain acid and alkali, as these substances can spoil the appearance of the coating.
Now you know exactly how to wash the laminate so that there are no splits. If you have a steam cleaner or a vacuum cleaner, you can use them to clean laminate floors. However, you must first attach a special foam nozzle to the device, which absorbs moisture well and prevents the wood from getting wet.