Many people have encountered the problem of greasy stains on documents, notebooks, notebooks, and wallpaper. Someone forgot to wash their hands after dinner, and someone decided to combine a snack and familiarization with the contract, and the result is the same. Moms are familiar with another situation: traces of fat in notebooks due to sandwiches or other food. If something like this happened to you, do not rush to take drastic measures, because there are ways to remove a greasy stain from paper with improvised means.
Since paper is a fragile material, it cannot be wetted, rubbed or crumpled, as this can irreversibly damage it. Adsorbents (starch, flour, salt, chalk, etc.) help to remove greasy stains. Solvents (turpentine, gasoline, etc.) can also be used, but only for sheets of high density. But it is strictly forbidden to use special means that are used for fabrics.
Since the blotters are made of a material that absorbs moisture and liquids well, they are well suited for removing a fresh trace of grease. Application is very simple. Place the blotter on the problem area and iron with a warm iron. Change consumables as grease seeps.
If you don’t have blotters in your house, use paper towels instead. Use only white napkins. You can use this method for documents, slips with important notes or photos, but one napkin or blotter may not be enough to remove the stain – stock up on plenty.
You can remove an oily stain from a sheet with the help of ordinary chalk, which is used in schools. Actions should be performed in the following sequence:
- Grind the chalk into powder in any convenient way.
- Sprinkle this powder on the problem area.
- Cover the top with a clean sheet of paper or a white napkin.
- Iron the contaminated area with a warm iron.
- The procedure can be repeated several times, each time changing the grease-soaked chalk to a clean one.
If the chalk in dry form did not help reduce the trace of fat, you can use another method:
- Mix a teaspoon of chalk powder with 0.5 teaspoon of water.
- Mix the components. It should be a thick gruel.
- Apply it to the place of oil contact.
- As in the previous case, cover with a clean sheet and iron.
- Remove the remaining chalk.
Chalk can be mixed with white clay. Then apply to the stain and wait until the mixture dries, and then carefully clean it with a toothbrush.
When it is necessary to remove a greasy stain from printed documents, the choice of methods must be approached with all responsibility, because there is a risk of their damage. Salt copes well with this problem. So, follow these steps:
- Take finely ground salt. If you don’t have one in the house, use a coffee grinder or a mortar for grinding.
- Pour salt over the stain.
- Cover with a clean sheet, and then iron with an iron heated to a low temperature.
- If necessary, the salt can be replaced with clean salt once or twice if the stain is too large.
Do not heat the iron too much, as this increases the risk of the printed text being transferred to the salt.
You can remove an unattractive mark from a notebook with the help of oatmeal. It is necessary to act immediately, as soon as the problem is detected. Follow a simple algorithm of actions:
- Grind oatmeal into flour in a coffee grinder.
- Pour the powder on the greasy mark.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently sweep with a soft brush or a piece of cloth.
- If necessary, repeat the steps if the mark has not completely disappeared.
You can effectively remove a fresh oil stain with white clay. To do this, follow simple steps:
- Mix white clay powder with water in equal proportions. A thick mass should be obtained.
- Apply it to the problem area of the paper in a thin layer.
- Leave the mixture to dry.
- When the clay dries, carefully remove it from the paper with a brush.
Pay attention ! Do not use this method for very thin sheets of paper, as they can absorb moisture from the mixture and become soggy.
White clay is also used to remove coffee stains .
Potato starch, which is available in every home, will help remove greasy stains from printed documents and other paper media. It is necessary to sprinkle the oily area with potato flour and lightly rub it with a soft flannel cloth. If the stain did not come off immediately, you can repeat the procedure again, using clean starch. It is a good adsorbent, absorbs not only fat, but also dirt.
Turpentine will help to effectively cope with the problem. It is also suitable for removing dried spots, but only on thick paper. It is used as follows:
- Heat the turpentine, but be careful not to boil it when heated.
- Apply a small amount of liquid to the contaminated area. It is best to use a pipette for this.
- Place a clean white napkin or blotting paper on top.
- Iron with an iron, setting the temperature to a minimum.
Turpentine can also be used to remove greasy stains from wallpaper, but in this case, the use of an iron should be avoided, as it can cause the canvas to peel off from the wall. Just drop turpentine and wipe with a napkin. Constantly change napkins for clean ones. After that, you can wipe the wallpaper with a slightly damp clean and soft cloth.
You can remove an old grease stain from paper with the help of gasoline. This liquid perfectly dissolves fat and is able to cope with pollution of any complexity, but for thin sheets it is better not to use this method.
Use purified gasoline to remove grease. Follow these simple steps:
- Mix gasoline with tooth powder and white clay to make a thick paste.
- Place the sheet of paper on a flat surface.
- Apply the prepared mixture on it in a not thick layer.
- Leave to dry for a day.
- Carefully remove the remains of the mixture with a soft flannel cloth.
If a greasy stain appears on the paper, you need to act quickly, because it is much more difficult to remove a dried mark. If fat got on an important document in a single copy, then it makes sense to abandon the idea of removing the stain, as it can spoil it.