Deodorants and antiperspirants: on the one hand – a product of civilization, on the other – a source of problems. At first, marks on clothes bother you, and later health issues may arise. First, let’s figure out how to remove white deodorant stains from clothes. For washing, the most effective will be such improvised means as alcohol, salt, soda, hydrogen peroxide, etc.
Causes of spots
Human sweat consists of 99% water, 1% – salts and organic substances. Sweat has no smell, but it is a breeding ground for microbes. The products of their vital activities create an unpleasant background.
Most antiperspirants contain aluminum and zinc, which interfere with the natural functions of sweat glands and leave white, gray, and yellow marks on clothes.
- wash clothes without delay;
- if it is not possible to wash immediately – soak in warm (not hot!) water;
- do not use chlorine-containing products to get rid of deodorant traces;
- test any cleaning agent in an inconspicuous place (on the wrong side near the seam).
Ways to remove stains from deodorants
It is easy to get rid of fresh antiperspirant and sweat stains with “Antipyatin” soap or ordinary household, washing powders and liquids of the middle class (“Ariel”, “Ukhaty Nyan”). Soap dirty places, rub, if necessary, let the soap react for 15-30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Naturally, any layering will come off faster from new clothes. Worn items have fiber damage, which contributes to deeper absorption. In this case, the restoration of the former appearance can be achieved by repeating the procedures.
Vodka, ethyl alcohol
You can get rid of antiperspirant stains on black toilet items with alcohol. Moisten the armpit area with vodka or diluted ethyl alcohol, rub with a tampon. The fabric is cleaned before the eyes. You can additionally wash it in a machine.
If the spots are advanced, yellow, a compress with an alcohol-soaked napkin, pieces of polyethylene and a small press is placed on them. The exposure time is 1.5-2 hours with periodic inspection.
This method allows you to remove white deodorant stains from black fabric, as well as to remove yellow and gray stains on a white surface.
- Spread a thin layer of wet salt on problem areas and rub with light movements.
- Check by moving the salt a little until the desired result is achieved.
- Then clean with a napkin and wash.
A cool salt solution is more suitable for woolen items, rubbing with dry salt will disrupt the texture of the fabric. Soak dirty places for a while, wash.
If the stains are old, additionally apply alcohol cleaning.
9% table vinegar or lemon juice
These products will help to get rid of traces of deodorant and sweat on delicate woolen, knitted, and silk clothes.
- Spread the thing on the table and wet it under the armpits.
- Periodically monitor the process.
- As soon as the stain is neutralized, the residue can be washed away.
WARNING! Do not use concentrated vinegar essence, as well as colored vinegar (apple, wine).
The tool is universal.
- Dilute crushed aspirin tablets with water to a paste consistency.
- Apply to problem areas, rub with a tampon or toothbrush.
- Wait for about 3 hours, remove with the next wash.
Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda
Suitable for white clothes.
Unfold, pour hydrogen peroxide on the marks under the armpits, wait until the spots disappear. send away
- Mix 2 tbsp. l. soda, 4 tbsp. l. peroxide, add 1 tsp. washing liquid
- Apply the indicated composition to stains of deodorant and sweat and leave for 2 hours.
- Next – rinsing and washing.
OxiClean (hydrogen peroxide with soda), simple lye (baking soda) work well.
Aqueous alcohol (ammonia)
To remove antiperspirant and sweat stains on clothes, dilute 1 part ammonia in 1 part water, wet under the armpits. After waiting 2-3 minutes, rinse and wash.
A fast-acting agent. Apply on black with preliminary testing.
The human body cannot fully function without sweat. During intense exercise, numerous glands secrete up to 12 liters of moisture per day. It is a vaporizer that cools the body.
Interesting! A dog will suffer from heatstroke sooner than a person, because it does not sweat.
Many people believe that it is possible to get rid of an unpleasant smell only with cosmetics. But deodorants and antiperspirants contain harmful parabens (preservatives), chemical compounds that cause unwanted changes in the body.
If taking care of your health is at the forefront, you should abandon cheap means in favor of more expensive but natural ones. It is better to combine minimum doses of high-quality perspirant with the following techniques:
- regular morning and evening water procedures, and during the day – napkins with natural moisturizers;
- light powdering of the armpit area with clean dry baking soda (eliminates odor for 3-4 hours even in the heat);
- special pads to protect shirts and dresses with sleeves from sweat;
- more natural clothes;
- restriction of spicy, fatty dishes, coffee;
- weight loss
Paraphrasing the words of the great healer Avicenna, one wants to exclaim: “Man, do not harm yourself!” And it is not difficult to wash away the stains.